Tips for Home Buyers
If you are like many of today’s homeowners, you may be wondering whether it’s time to move up or stay and remodel your current home.
This is a big decision, as any move is disruptive to your day to day life, and when you own a home the process becomes a bit more complicated.
If you’re dreaming of a new home then you may be wondering…
“Do I buy first or sell first?”
“If I buy first how can I fund that purchase without the proceeds from my current home?”
“What if I sell first and have to move twice, or end up homeless because I can’t find a replacement home I like?”
“Should I wait until the market softens to make my move?”
So many questions, and often the lack of answers to these important questions may cause homeowners to miss that opportunity to take the next step into their dream home and to grow their net worth by purchasing a larger, higher quality home or a home in a superior location.
If you feel this is an opportunity you might like to explore, here are the steps that real estate experts suggest you take.
- Step 1: Develop your dream home wish list.
- Step 2: Do some research online to determine prices and area amenities.
- Step 3: If necessary, consult with a contractor to determine the expense.
- Step 4: Contact a local real estate agent that can give you an accurate estimate of value on your current home.
- Step 5: Meet with a lender to discuss financing.
- Step 6: Create a potential timeline with your agent.
- Step 7: Have your agent guide you on how to best prepare your home for sale.
- Bonus Tip: Begin your research well in advance of your potential move!
As your area’s wise advisor, I do offer a confidential and complimentary Move Up Consult, and at this meeting I will review with you my Stress Free Move Up System. There is no cost or obligation, just helpful information.
To book your free Move Up Consult, contact me at email@example.com